Monday, January 23, 2012

Dr. Oz

Todays episode of  Dr. Oz is about Bariatric surgery, specifically bypass.  While this is not the option I chose the feelings around making the decision and the reasons for having the surgery are the same.  Too many people see this as a cop out, if you would just work harder you wouldn't need this.  If only that was true.  Someone who is overweight doesn't have the same relationship with food as some one that is thin.  We are almost imprisioned by food for many reasons.  I liked hearing Dr. Oz confirm that this isn't a cop out for those that need to lose weight and it sure as hell isn't easy.  I can tell you what you have to go thru to get there and then the changes in your whole life after prove that this isn't easy.  I hope that someday people will realize that an overweight lifestyle is not what I chose for myself, but by there is nothing wrong with using bariatric as a TOOL, which is what it is meant to be, as a way to get there.

Ok I will climb down off my soap box now :o)

FYI from Dr. Oz sleeping 1 extra hour per night can help you lose 14 lbs in 1 yr

No comments:

Post a Comment