Sunday, January 22, 2012

Am I doing this right?

I think I just had my 1st, I don't regret this, moment :). First of all I don't regret the surgery, but having been pretty uncomfortable since I was sleeved I have wondered if I have done the right thing. I am the type of person that when something goes right or unexpected my first thought is hmmm what did I do wrong...  Today I woke up, did the normal routine, realizing I was REALLY thirsty I went to the fridge and grabbed my G2. Without even thinking I took a big ol' drink. With the G2 in my mouth I started to swallow  then  realized what I did, I have a WHOLE mouth full of cold liquid in my mouth, crap this is gonna hurt. When you first have surgery drinking more than tiny sips at a time is difficult and drinking cold liquids can be even more difficult. When cold liquids hit your tummy it can cause the muscles to spasm resulting in a lot of pain. I did contemplate spitting it out, but what they heck let's go for it. Low and behold it didn't hurt! I took a normal drink of cold liquid and it didn't hurt. I'm so excited! This is a big deal because it means my newly sleeved tummy is healing. Of course that turned to fear that I broke my sleeve because I worry about everything. I truly doubt that's possible so I'm going to choose to believe that lol. It felt so good to be thirsty and take a normal drink to quench that thirst :) I guess it's the little things.

1 comment:

  1. OK, it took me a few minutes to figure out how to comment. But, I'm here, I'm signed up and I'm ready to follow you to the end of the rainbow!!!! Congrats on being able to drink!!!! :-) Love You!!

    ReplyDelete